What Projects are Included?
The Asia Gas Tracker provides information on four aspects of gas development in Asia:
- Gas-fired power plants 50 MW and above
- Major gas transmission lines (not local distribution lines)
- Liquified natural gas (LNG) terminals
- Major gas extraction sites
The tracker organizes information in both a map and table format. Projects can be filtered in the following ways:
- Status Category: To select one or more status categories, click one or more checkboxes, such as “Operating” and/or “Proposed.”
- Facility Type: To select one or more types of facilities, click one or more checkboxes such as “Gas Pipelines.”
- Company: To find a particular company’s facilities, type the company’s name in the “Filter the map” box. For example, type ‘Petrobangla’.
- Country: To find a particular country’s facilities, type the name of the country in the “Filter the map” box. For example, type India.
- Country Zoom: To zoom the map to a particular country, click directly on that country in the global map view.
The tracker was designed and produced by Global Energy Monitor, a network of researchers seeking to develop collaborative informational resources on fossil fuel impacts and alternatives. To the extent possible, the information in the tracker has been verified by activists and researchers familiar with particular countries.
Please cite the data as Global Energy Monitor, Asia Gas Tracker, with the date you accessed the data.